ISL’s Road Safety team has extensive experience in road safety, traffic engineering and intersection functional design in British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan. We bring our Road Safety Auditor expertise to our clients’ projects and provide independent, trusted service.
We recommend effective strategies and measures to improve safety for all road users. To get there, we identify potential traffic and safety issues through a detailed site review. To meet our clients’ diverse needs, our services may include a network screening study, in-service road safety review, traffic calming analysis, safety assessment for pedestrian facilities, safety review for cyclists, or a road safety audit for various design stages. We develop and evaluate alternatives to improve not only traffic operations and efficiency, but also safety for all road users.
For Road Improvement Programs, ISL has been recognized by the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC) as one of the select few consultants trusted to conduct traffic operations and road safety reviews throughout the Province since 2011. ISL has also conducted safety improvements studies for corridor-wide and specific intersections/interchanges for public and private sectors.
Our Service Areas:
- Traffic conflict surveys
- Traffic operational review
- Road collision data analysis
- Detailed on-site review of road network/intersectiontraffic control and geometry
- Night-time visibility review
- Traffic calming strategies
- Alternatives to improve traffic operations, efficiencyand safety
- Review of drainage, pavement condition, and landacquisition road aspects
- Functional design options and cost estimates
- Safety benefits identification and economic evaluation
- Public open house and workshop facilitation
- Road safety audits and assessments
- Human factor assessments for all road users(pedestrians, cyclists, transit)