What Makes Us Different
At ISL, we share an enthusiasm for community infrastructure. From planning and design to construction and commissioning, we create nimble teams to tackle the unique requirements of every project. This integrated service offering gives you the experts you need, when you need them.
Our technical expertise encompasses transportation, land use planning, civil engineering, municipal, landscape architecture, environmental management, water, structural, community engagement, geomatics, construction services, and 3D Visualization.
Just the right size, ISL delivers on complex projects while being small enough to maintain strong, cohesive project teams and personal client attention and service.
Social Value at ISL
As engineers, planners and designers, it is our responsibility to see every project as an opportunity to improve the world. Utilizing our expertise, ISLers create intentional, positive change to improve environmental, social, and economic factors, providing value to our internal team, our clients, and our communities.
We demonstrate our commitment to the Social Value of a project through a versatile approach, tailored to meet the unique requirements of each endeavor.
- Our offices are powered with 100% wind-generated electricity.
- We promote bike-friendly culture and offer e-bikes at select offices as a form of transportation to project sites and meetings.
- We reuse material wherever possible, whether it’s transferring fill from one project to another or reusing an entire bridge.
- We give back to our community by supporting events that have social, economic or cultural benefit.
- We encourage the next group of professionals by giving our time and resources to education and growth for young professionals.
- We operate an intensive and thorough safety program to keep our team, and those we work with, safe.
- We live in the communities we serve to help support local economies.
- We utilize local suppliers where possible to reduce the economic and environmental cost of moving goods.
- We phase construction to reduce idling vehicles.
- We contribute to the development of healthy ecosystems through the design of wastewater treatment plants and bioswales.
- We design with active transportation in mind to encourage the community to utilize sustainable forms of transportation.
- We are well-versed in native plant species to support proper ecological function.
- We have a dedicated team of community engagement experts to ensure every project incorporates public feedback.
- We consider opportunities for human connection in our designs.
- We shape communities with designs that include green spaces, waterways, walking paths and trails to promote connection.
- We utilize cost/benefit analysis where possible to ensure economic project decisions are made.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At ISL your identity is part of our identity. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) speaks to our core values and provides space for our teams to bring their authentic selves to work. ISL believes DEI creates the best outcomes for our clients while sustaining a happy and thriving work environment that allows for career development and opportunities for all staff. ISL is committed to a focused effort on continuous improvement and development of a respectful and safe workplace.