Our Service Areas
- Topographic site surveys
- Earthwork and volume surveys
- Tunneling and trenching layout and control
- Road construction layout and as-builts
- Structural layout and as-builts
- Independent quality assurance surveys
- Deformation monitoring surveys
- Control Surveys
3D Laser Scanner Surveys and 2D or 3D Modelling
ISL’s Geomatics team can survey indoor and outdoor projects in full 2D or 3D with high detail and accuracy. We can capture very complicated areas with extreme detail and high efficiency by acquiring over 1 million data points per second with millimeter accuracy.
ISL’s Reality Capture System acquires all relative spatial data in one highly efficient pass reducing the risk for human error during design or construction stages.
ISL approaches bathymetry from a safety standpoint, and with the platforms available to us, we rarely need to have staff in the water.
ISL operates two levels of unmanned vessels for bathymetry – both are centimeter accurate and capable of mapping in depths as shallow as 0.3 m or as deep as 80 m.
For large river systems, ISL implements a manned boat platform operated by trained, certified and experienced riverboat pilots, capable of navigating large watercourses with sufficient depth for the standard propeller drive. This boat may even be used to transport the RCVs into areas with limited access.
Drone or Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS)
The use of RPAS builds on ISL’s extensive background in conventional surveying. Features of this service include:
- High resolution aerial photography and video provide a current bird’s eye view of a project for design documentation and construction purposes.
- Drone mapping provides accurate deliverables such as digital elevation models, digital terrain models, contour plans, georeferenced orthophoto mosaics and point clouds that can be incorporated into your current CAD workflow.
- Drone inspections of critical infrastructure provide valuable input for maintenance, personnel, engineers and designers that normally would not be viewable. Inspection of hazardous worksites can also be performed without endangering employees.
- Drone surveys of hard ground surface features are quicker and often more accurate than conventional surveys.