ISL’s planners, landscape architects and engineers have considerable experience designing safe pedestrian and bicycle facilities to ensure ease and comfort for all users. Our integrated, multi-disciplinary team collaborates to successfully guide active transportation projects from concept and planning, through to detailed design and implementation.
Our intention is to design facilities for all ages and abilities that increase safety, while encouraging and promoting sustainable modes of transportation for commuting and as a means of recreation. Wherever possible, we separate modes to increase comfort for pedestrians and cyclists and provide places for users to rest, dwell and meet – our designs offer places that foster community and encourage life and activity on
We design connected networks with separation from motor vehicles. Where modes must cross, we ensure safely managed conflicts.
By encouraging consistent, user-friendly active transportation systems, we increase its mode share and inspire healthy and active communities.
- Bicycle and pedestrian plans
- Conceptual to detailed designs
- Construction supervision
- Complete streets
- On-street bike lanes
- Appropriate use of shared roadway
- Off-street protected cycle tracks
- Separated multi-use paths
- Multi-use paths
- Protected intersections
- Safe crossing and conflict area treatments
- Shared spaces
- Separation of modes
- AAA/8-80 design principles
- Road safety/Safe System
- Raised crosswalks and intersections
- Pedestrian and bicycle specific traffic signals
- Use of landscaping to delineate and protect
- Transit connectivity
- Public realm design