Signals and illumination directly impact user safety and experience. The science of signalization and the integration of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) is changing with technology and will continue to be at the forefront of automation in transportation.
ISL’s traffic signal team provides the following services to clients:
- Intersection reviews
- Warrant studies
- Network timing plans
- Individual intersection timing plans
- Identification of cost effective upgrades to improve efficiency and safety
- Design of new traffic signals and illumination systems
- Illumination analysis
- Development of special provisions for tender and construction
- Construction administration
- Traffic signal final inspection and commissioning
- Coordination of power for new traffic signal and illumination installation
- Coordination of traffic signal upgrades to minimize throwaway and identify alternate routes for traffic signal upgrades. ISL has successfully identified alternate upgrades that have beeneffective in meeting client’s needs, minimized downtime and provided a more economical solution.