The City of Port Moody reconstructed Gatensbury Street as part of its 2018 Capital Program and retained ISL to perform the engineering work on this street improvements project. The project scope included detailed and final designs and drawings, completion of any additional data collection required, topographic and pavement evaluation surveys, and provision of tender and full contract administration services during construction.
It included road reconstruction, geometric/traffic safety improvements, sidewalks (one side only), retaining walls, new storm drainage collection and conveyance network, street lighting improvements, and restoration of existing watermain infrastructure (including service replacements).
Gatensbury Road in Port Moody is now safer for all road users, and more accessible and more comfortable to use for pedestrians and cyclists. Highlights of the project include:
- a new multi-use path on the west side of the road
- new curb and gutter on both sides of the road
- full-depth road reconstruction
- lane width modifications and grade changes
- line painting and improved signage
- improved street lighting
- traffic calming and traffic safety measures, such as concrete barriers in key locations
This project represents a significant investment in Port Moody’s infrastructure to improve safety for pedestrians, cyclists, and drivers, and to replace aging infrastructure to ensure the roads and utilities that serve their residents.